Friday, June 11, 2010

We've Moved!

Well we officially moved as of Wednesday night. My host dad is works at the military high school in Cuenca, so the Ecuadorian Army actually moved us. They had told me that we were going to move on Thursday, but then Wednesday afternoon, I came home to see a whole bunch of soldiers in camo and boots carrying furniture down the apartment stairs to a huge military truck parked out on the street. The move has been rather stressful, but it definitely helped to have them do all the heavy lifting.

Ever since then, we've been working on the house, unpacking and finishing up some details. My family actually built the house instead of buying one, so there's still work to be done.

We had today off of school to go to a natural, volcano-fed hot springs this morning. The water was wonderfully hot, and it was nice to just relax for a couple hours in the pool after the move and a long week of class. This afternoon, I went with my host parents to all sorts of hardware and appliance stores looking for things for the house. And right now, there are about fifteen aunts, uncles and cousins in the house for the night cafecito.

I really like my new room. It has a gorgeous view of the entire city. They also have a new tv to watch the World Cup. Tomorrow, my group is having a party for the England v. US game. It should be a lot of fun. We're probably going to order pizza, which I'm very exicted about. Anyway, hope things are going well back in the States. I'll try to post againt soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment