Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Last Day of Tests!

Whew! Lots of tests this week. Today, we have three different tests, one for grammar class (just finished that one) one for conversation class, and another for culture class. The grammar test went well, though it was a lot simpler than I had expected. I studied a lot of the more difficult concepts and ignored some of the simpler stuff. Still, I think it went well. I'm just ready to be done with school. It's incredible how difficult it is to just do one extra months of school!

I spent most of yesterday studying (or trying to study). My house is so noisy and active with a 13 year old, a 16 year old, and a 2 1/2 year old that it is pretty difficult to concentrate for long periods of time at home. For example, yesterday, my 2 1/2 year old brother locked the door to his sister's room and shut it. Thankfully, he was outside, but they couldn't find the key for the room all day. We spent a lot of time trying to pick the lock, but since it is a new door that didn't work very well. Then my uncle, a jeweler, came over that night to try and open the door. Finally, they just ended up breaking the door to get into their room! Quite funny, but it meant that people were coming in and out of the house all day!

In the next couple days, I'm just planning on packing up and enjoying my last couple of days in Cuenca. I'll definitely miss my host family the most. They've welcomed me into their lives and their homes, making me a part of their family. On a more shallow level, I'll definitely miss the ice cream here. If you've never tried Ecuadorian ice cream, you're definitely missing out. It's a lot creamier here, and my favorite flavor is the passion fruit flavor. It's almost like sherbet, and it's absolutely delicious.

Well, that's all I have for now. I'll try and post some pictures, but the internet is pretty slow here at the church and the internet at home is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment