Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Testing Week and Chocolate Chip Cookies

This week we're preparing in class for our big tests at the end of this week. We have a culture test and then we're taking the AP Spanish Grammar test. So this week has a bit heavier of a work load for me, though a lot of the grammar is review. I really do enjoy my classes though. I'm in a class with only one other person, so we get a lot of attention from the teachers. One teacher is named Patricia, and the other is named Grace. They are a lot of fun, and I really enjoy the way they teach.

Today, I'm hoping to make chocolate chip cookies with my two sisters, Karen and Maria Paula. I have a recipe from the US, but it might be a bit difficult to get all the ingredients and translate the amounts. It should be interesting. Hopefully it will work out well. Maybe I'll even bring some to class tomorrow if they work out well.

It's been pretty normal here, just class and time with family. Although we did go to a place called Banos, a volcano-fed pool type thing. It was pretty relaxing. I got to talk for a while with a veteran of the Peruvian-Ecuadorian War who now works as a cowboy. He was a pretty interesting guy : ) Then on Saturday we watched the England v. US soccer game at Jon's house. We even ordered pizza from Pizza Hut to complete the very American afternoon.

That's really all I have for now! Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment