Sunday, May 23, 2010

Packing = Stress

Well, I got home from school last Thursday evening and I am leaving tomorrow morning at 5:00 in the morning. Kind of stressful to pack everything at school, unpack it here only to pack again for Ecuador. But so far, I've been doing well. Still have a lot of last minute errands to run and random threads to tie up.

I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow. I really haven't had time to think about it yet, between finals and packing. But I'm very excited. We'll fly out tomorrow from Indy airport, catch a connecting flight in Atlanta and fly into Quito that evening. Thankfully, Ecuador is still in the same time zone as Indiana (not Chicago), so there won't be a huge time adjustment. From there, we'll spend some time exploring the capital before heading to our final destination in Cuenca, Ecuador. There, I'll meet my host family and jump into Spanish classes.

Some things you could pray for are
- safe, smooth travel
- smooth adjustment to the food and culture
- that I would have enough energy for another short semester of classes right after two tough semesters

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. yeh Jess!!! I get to be your first follower.

    ReplyDelete